Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Truthiness


The great thing about taking pictures of individual flowers is that doing so edits out the weeds. I have weeds. Lots of weeds. I also have lots of excuses: biting ants live here, making weeding painful. It's too hot to weed. I have too many things to do, too many other weeds to pull. This area is awaiting a double-digging and re-edging by DH, so why weed it now?

The truth is that my yard and garden is filled with weeds, and is likely to remain so. Someday I hope to have a handle on everything that needs doing, but until then, I think I'll develop a partiality towards weeds.

2 comments:

futuregirl said...

Maybe you could throw a couple of handfuls of assorted wildflower seeds out there in the mean time. :)

normanack said...

good idea -- everything seems to grow quite well there!