Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bubbly

photo by malfet_ on flickr
under a Creative Commons license


written by my daughter during her English class:

Dear Shine,

What would I be without you? A clear sphere, obscure and unnoticed. A fragment of nothing, unseen. But with you we are a beautiful, lustrous orb of delicate light, a shimmering rainbow, a glowing sphere of joy. We would float across the world, we would visit the world from Paris to Detroit, we would drift from the bright golden ring, leaving the laughing children far behind and floating high into the sky to pose beside the sun.

I need you, Shine, to be who I am. I am an orb full of bright blue sky, and with you we are a crystal ball of flowing dreams and glittering fantasies. It won't be me and you because "me and you" makes us. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a glorious image. It has uplifted my spirit and given me freedom to float effortlessly and free above reality. Thank you,